Public Private Partnership
VIS Group is a private partner in the implementation of public private partnership projects
VIS Group is one of the leaders of infrastructure construction on a public-private partnership basis. Investment portfolio of PPP projects exceeds 380 billion rubles. Strategic cooperation agreements have been signed with dozens of the largest Russian Federation regions. The Group has established PPP Projects Center. This allows implementing “turnkey” projects, from the structuring and organization of financing to construction and operation of facilities.
Upgrading the country's infrastructure is one of the priorities of the state policy today. This is to ensure the growing needs in kindergartens and schools, construction of health facilities, housing, and roads. VIS Group is ready to make its contribution to this massive national problem. The Group has sufficient experience and competence, as well as logistical and financial resources for successful implementation of projects based on the principles of public private partnership.
- Experience of major projects implementation in partnership with public bodies, administrations of Russian regions and municipalities;
- Partnership with leading financial institutions;
- Own design, engineering and construction units;
- Effective organization of management, including the use of automated control systems.
Agreements on public private partnership and concessions have been signed to ensure the financing, planning, design, creation and operation of social facilities and road infrastructure, services and industries. Public private partnerships key features are as follows: long-term support and services (sometimes for a period of up to thirty years); the transfer of most risks (i.e. construction risks, maintaining risks) to private partner; variety of forms of long-term contracts concluded by legal entities with state and municipal structures.
Currently, VIS Group is implementing five PPP projects. The capital intensity of the projects is more than 180 billion rubles. The Group is one of the leading providers of PPP in Russia. Agreements on public private partnership and concessions have been signed to ensure financing, planning, design, creation and operation of social facilities and road infrastructure, services and industries. PPPs key features are as follows: long-term support and services (sometimes for a period of up to thirty years); the transfer of most risks to private partner; variety of forms of long-term contracts concluded by legal entities with state and municipal structures.
- Six educational institutions have been built in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District under the Agreement signed with the Government of the region; four of them have been commissioned. According to the experts of the Agency for Strategic Initiatives and PPP Development Centre, this project is among the best practices of PPP in the social sphere.
- At the end of December 2015, a major infrastructure project – the construction of Bovanenkovo – Sabetta non-public railway line – was launched. The agreement on public private partnership signed with the Government of YaNAD, provides for VIS Group, at the expense of own and borrowed funds, to carry out work on design, development of working documentation and construction of the railway line before 2022. After completion of the construction, private partner is to implement technical and commercial operation of existing transport infrastructure. Agreement term is 21 years. By the end of 2016, the project was awarded ROSINFRA National award in “Best PPP project in the transport sector” category.
- Major PPP project is being implemented in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous District – construction of Russia's largest perinatal center in Surgut. The Group won the contest, conducted by the Department of Health of the District, to conclude a contract that envisages the construction of perinatal center with childbirth capacity of 10,000 births per year. The Center will be able to take more than 300 mothers simultaneously. The terms of the contract involve the construction, equipping, and operation of the center within 7 years.
- Another large-scale project on creation of social infrastructure is being developed in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). Until the end of 2019, according to the Agreement on public-private partnership, 12 institutions of education and culture will be built here. The project also provides for the operation of buildings by private partner until the end of 2026.
- At the end of 2016, the largest PPP project in the Far East – the construction of “Khabarovsk Bypass” toll road – was started. The motorway is of strategic importance, connecting three federal highways: A-370 "Ussuri", R-297 "Amur" and A-375 East. In the future, the development of the project will provide access to the highway network of China. In addition, toll road is designed to relieve the city center from transit traffic and to link "Khabarovsk" PSEDA.